The sun did not shine.
It was too wet to play.
So we sat in the house
All that cold, cold, wet day.
And that pretty much sums up the weekend. The past two days have seen record flooding in the Nashville area. As I write this, the water is still rising - into downtown, into the Titans' stadium, into Opry Mills, and (oh the horror) into our local Krystal's. Luckily, all it did at this house was seep into the chimney and wash out the backyard. Here's what it did elsewhere:
Douglas Bend Road
Cages Bend Road

View of the expanded Cumberland River from my office
Spending two days indoors with two small children will make you consider driving through standing water just to get anywhere, but we survived and are thankful. The bad weather drove us all to do some funny things. Jonas did not understand why we could not go out to the playset, and he protested by standing with his head pressed against the window. Scotlen called me into the office to announce that she was exercising. I wish I could say that Kyle and I used all this time to accomplish a project at home, but that would be a complete lie.
Luckily, the weekend started out on a great note, with the continuation of Scotlen's career in the theatre. This year's production was Charlie the Caterpillar, and Scotlen was a monkey, a flower, and a bird.
Monkeys playing cards
The Four Seasons
Beautiful bird
Posing with Bennett the Butterfly
No comments:
Post a Comment