Scotlen: Hey Mama and Daddy, today is a very special day - Warthog Day!
Parent: Do you mean Groundhog Day?
Scotlen: No, it's Warthog Day.
Parent: Well, what happens on Warthog Day?
Scotlen: The warthog comes out of his hole and looks around. And he's never scared of his shadow.
Ok. Well then why do we have snow on the ground, Phil? Why did Mama have to make a white-knuckled drive home in icy conditions yesterday evening, huh?
But we are thankful. Because our snowy day is a fun day. After a lot of effort and a little bit of patience, we got the car out of the driveway and skated to place where we could do some decent sledding. Scotlen was really into it. Jonas preferred to just wander around in the snow, watching his feet sift through the flakes. For a while I worried that he was overbundled and could not see out of his hat and turtle. I stopped worrying when two nice-looking teenage girls showed up on the hill. He seemed perfectly capable of following them all over the field. I think we have a ladies man on our hands.
The day wasn't all sunshine and snowflakes, though. Upon our arrival home Scotlen decided to show a little attitude. This got her plopped on her bed for a little bit of calm down time. When we returned to check on her, she had grown some ears to match her tears. She was really pleased that I reacted by taking her photograph.
No comments:
Post a Comment