We've had a lot going on lately, but I knew the end was near when I returned home from work recently to find this scene:
God bless him. He cooked spicy fettucine with red bell peppers. And it was delicious.
He cooked even though he's been on non-stop duty for weeks now. Between the snow days and Jonas's illnesses, it's been rough. Jonas continues to struggle with ear infections and has worked his way through several antibiotics. We thought the stomach issues a couple of meds ago were bad, but the issues that came with this last round took the cake. Explosive diarrhea. Projectile vomiting. Or so I hear.
You see, I would have loved to help with all that, but my presence was required in Knoxville for a certain grandparent's 60th birthday. Grandfather, Auntie and I organized a surprise party for the queen of surprise parties, and it actually seemed to work. It worked so well that Grandmommy did not go into too big of a funk when she realized the grands wouldn't be there. Poor Kyle has now missed both my parents 60th events because of sick children. Let's hope he continues to soothe his disappointment with cooking.
My adorable parents
Jonas's news is that he is headed to the ENT later this week. In Scotlen news, the inevitable has occurred. Too soon. I discovered she was five going on fifteen the other day when giving her a bath. I was asking her to turn around so I could rinse her hair, but she didn't seem to be listening. Finally, I gave her the "last chance" request, to which she rolled her eyes and actually replied, "whatever." Where did she learn this type of sullen, sarcastic language. Certainly not in this house. Whatever.
Other Scotlen conversation overheard this week:
Daddy: What are these horses' names, Scotlen.
Scotlen: Daddy horse, Mama horse, and Scotlen horse.
Daddy: But where's Jonas horse?
Scotlen: He got eaten by a hyena. We miss him a lot.
Jam session
No comments:
Post a Comment