Sunday, September 30, 2012

Pretend Birthday

With Fall Break approaching, we decided to have Scotlen's birthday party a little early this year (just a week before her actual birthday).  But the discrepancy did cause a bit of confusion in Scotlen's mind.  After all, why are all your friends gathering and there are presents and cake if there's no actual birthday.  So she took to calling it her "pretend birthday."  

The pretend birthday party went very well.  We have taken our two children to Hoppity Hop on a number of occasions, and all has gone well.  After I saw how 14 kids in the same group can exponentially increase the energy in the room, I was glad to end the party with no injuries.  Well, no injuries if you ignore Scotlen getting kicked in the eye.  But she was totally fine.

We finally gave in this year and allowed people to bring presents.  She has enjoyed the presents.  But, based on the look on her face, I still think her favorite part is when everyone sings happy birthday.


Apparently, sliding was not exciting enough for some


Older cousins can add a lot of street cred to a party,
except when they give the double thumbs up


Ninjaaaaaaa - GO!


"Pretend Birthday" wouldn't fit on the sign


Even more street cred


Jonas seemed to enjoy himself


The idea was to put Scotlen at the top because she's special, 
but instead she just kind of looks like an interloper


See what I mean?


Your own giant inflatable chair can really go to your head

No comments:

Post a Comment