Friday, January 8, 2010

The Little Things

For the record, things I don’t want to forget:

The way Jonas bounces in his seat when you present him with tasty food or play music.

The way Jonas holds out his arms, wide and quivering, to be picked up after his nap.

The way Jonas drags his favorite book, Goodnight Moon, across the room and throws it in your lap to be read – and the way he grins and bounces when you pick it up and start reading.

The way Scotlen says “brought” or “borrow” instead of “bought” or “buy,” respectively, which means she is constantly asking if we can “borrow” things at the store.

The way Jonas loves to look at things with his head tilted to the side.

The way Scotlen says “goodnight Buddy” when I take Jonas to bed.

The way that each dressing or diaper change of Jonas turns into a wrestling match.

The way Scotlen will declare either “I just don’t understand” or “I know everything,” depending on her mood.

Scotlen’s excitement at seeing the frost sparkling on the ground on the way to school in the morning.

The way Jonas loves a pumpkin muffie from Panera like it brings meaning to his life.

1 comment:

  1. Nice. We bloggers need to do that more often, since, if you're like us, we have no baby books or any other form of documentation of our children's lives.

    ReplyDelete